Marital Status: Never married
Kids: 2 year old daughter named Marnie who will turn 3 in February.
Occupation: Direct Support Professional/Mom
1. What was childbirth like for you?
21 hours of back labor, a lot of blood loss.
2. If someone walked into your house right now…what would they see?
My Daughter playing with her blocks and stuffed animals.
3. What’s something simple that you love getting to do alone when you get the chance?
Bubble baths and wine
4. What was the first thought you had when you found out you were pregnant?
I was terrified and had no clue if I could handle being a mom. That quickly turned into excitement and love for the child I was carrying.
5. What do you daydream about?
Moving to the middle of nowhere and having the family I really wanted for my daughter.
6. What’s one thing you miss being able to do before you had children?
Enjoy the peace and quiet with a book.
7. What’s the most embarrassing thing your kid has said or done in public?
When my daughter was a bit younger she used to call random people Mommy and Daddy.
8. How would you describe your parenting style? Helicopter? Granola? Competitive? Free Range? Other?
I’m an odd mix I’d say. I allow my daughter to kinda do her own thing within reason. I’m very protective of her.
9. Do you have a good support system?
For the most part yes, and I’m beyond thankful for that.
10. Fill in the blank: “I need more _____ right now.”
Money! Always more money, toddlers are expensive.
*Interested in being our next featured mom? Email Lisa Tyler: Lisa@b103fm.com
Read about past featured moms here: https://www.b103rockford.com/10-questions-with-a-stateline-area-mom/