By Chelsea Meyer
Halloween is just about two weeks away and if you’re in a relationship or even trying to find a iconic duo costume for you and your friend, you don’t want that costume to be basic.
Obviously the most popular couples costume this year is going to be Ken and Barbie but you won’t be the only one dressed up as that. If you’re anything like me, then you want to create a costume that’s not basic or that everyone is going to be wearing.
My partner and I have celebrated Halloween together for 11 years and some of my favorite costumes were Mickey and Minnie mouse, Cruella de Vil and a Dalmatian, Joe Exotic tiger, and a battery and the Energizer Bunny.
Buzzfeed recently did a poll to help people decide if their couples costume is “cute” or “cringey” and over 35,000 people voted.
Here are some of the answers from the poll and some ideas that are trending on TikTok as well!
- Fred and Daphne from “Scooby-Doo“? 74% say it’s cute.
- Homer and Marge: 67% say cringey
- Kermit and Miss Piggy: 55% say cringey.
- Harley Quinn and the Joker: 49% say cute, 51% say cringey.
- Peter Pan and Wendy: 49% cute, 51% cringey.
- Football player and cheerleader: Only 46% think it’s cute.
- A plug and an outlet: The least-popular costume on the list at 89% cringe.
There are also a ton of talented creators on TikTok who are mastering spooky makeup and clever costumes. One thing I love is that most of the creators give you a step-by-step demo of how to do your make-up or hair for specific costumes.
Here’s some of the costumes/make up tutorials that I found on TikTok:
- Napoleon Dynamite and Kip
- Lilo and Stitch
- Lord Farquaad and Princess Fiona
- Spiderweb Makeup Tutorial
- Simple Skull Makeup
What will I dress up as for Halloween this year? Follow me on socials and find out!