HIRING: Traffic and Broadcast Fulfillment Coordinator
Do you love to solve puzzles? Would it be fun to essentially get paid for playing Tetris? Mid-West Family of Illinois, located in Rockford, is seeking a Traffic Coordinator, part-time based on skills and hours desired. This position can grow into full-time in the coming months.
Candidates must have strong organizational skills, understand inventory management, be exceptional at attention to detail, have above average computer skills, enjoy a very dynamic fast paced business environment, and be willing to become part of our people-focused growth culture. The individual hired for this position will report to our Director of Sales and work closely with other team managers, as well as members of our Business Development team.
Essential job functions (but not limited to):
- Generate daily commercial program logs, which requires working at a fast pace to accurately enter orders, place commercials as ordered, and help to manage our inventory.
- Reconciling program logs to ensure advertiser’s spot placements are as ordered.
- Order entry of national commercial schedules on a weekly basis.
- Completing affidavits for barter/network and client commercials.
- Assigning commercial spot numbers to ensure proper ad rotation and scheduling.
- Printing of weekly and monthly sales reports.
- Other administrative duties, including AP and AR, when needed may also be assigned.
- Must be able to troubleshoot to find solutions to a variety of “puzzle”-like situations that arise.
Reliable, capable of handling daily deadlines and key job functions in a dynamic fast paced business environment. The individual must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and have the ability to adapt to multiple programs. Previous experience in the broadcast industry is preferred but not required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Hourly based on full-time Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (open to part time if skills fit and desired)
- Full time earning potential of $35,000+ annually
- Health/Dental (if full time) and
- 401K eligible once certain requirements are met
Thomas Gomez – Business Manager
Mid-West Family of Illinois
Email both cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Hiring | Multimedia journalist
The Rock River Current, an enterprising news startup that covers the Rockford, Illinois, region, is seeking an ambitious and digitally savvy reporter capable of delivering stories across multiple platforms.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, deeply curious and capable of breaking down complex topics into easily digestible information. The role is suited for journalists with wide-ranging interests who will cover everything from local business to government, arts, entertainment, sports features and culture.
Our coverage runs the gamut from positive stories about local people to the latest economic development and examinations and explanations of the systems at play in our community without focusing on the daily crime, violence or arrest logs.
- Write 5-10 clean, accurate and thorough articles with photos per week in Associated Press style. The range of stories expected varies based on how much is dedicated to daily coverage and standing features or enterprise and investigative work.
- Create an average of one video story per week.
- Occasionally contribute to broadcast news segments with our radio station partners.
- Work with an editor to pitch and develop original stories.
- Work flexible hours that may include nights and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to story assignments.
Candidates should have at least two years experience in communications or journalism, which can include work at a college newspaper or internships.
- Salary range $28,000-$35,000 negotiable based on experience
- Health care and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 401K/stock benefits after one year
Send a resume, cover letter and three writing samples to Managing Editor Kevin Haas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rock River Current is owned by Mid-West Family Broadcasting, a locally owned and independent broadcasting company. We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates.
Hiring | Business Development Specialist
Mid-West Family Northern Illinois is a local media and marketing group that serves the Rockford region and the surroundings communities. We have great history of growing local brands through the use of radio, influencers and events. We have expanded our offerings to include digital marketing, recruitment marketing, and event creation. We strive to serve our customers, community and our loyal listener base.
We are searching for a talented and motivated individual to join our fun and knowledgeable team in the role of a full time Business Development Specialist. You will be responsible for cultivating business relationships within the community and identifying their needs and offering a tailored solution(s) to achieve the desired objectives. Mid-West Family provides you with extensive training and resources to support your success. This includes one-on-one and group training with the sales management team, who is here to support your success and lead you toward a path of professional growth.
- Experience preferred in sales and/or marketing with experience in developing and selling marketing ideas and concepts. Willing to train, develop and coach for this role.
- Driver’s license and valid transportation required.
- Technology skills including expertise with Microsoft Office and database management; willingness to learn new applications.
- Must be able to multitask, problem-solve and prioritize.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Must be able to manage own time and priorities (work without direct supervision) to ensure deliverables are completed on time and within the scope of desired work.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively and articulately in writing and orally.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while at times under pressure.
- Solid relationship management skills enhancing internal and external interactions.
- Some evening and weekend hours required.
- Professional attire required.
- Individuals that have knowledge or experience in specialized fields or industries should provide those qualifications/experiences. (i.e., legal, automotive, manufacturing etc.)
Full time, with benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance & 401K)
Salary Range $40,000-$80,000
After a 90 day positive review, this position can evolve hybrid remote position.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter describing their qualifications and experiences to: Kim DiGiovanni & Katy Chadwick email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiring | Executive producer
97-1 WNTA in Rockford, Illinois, is looking for an executive producer who can also produce content on a daily basis. In this role, the executive producer will coordinate with our nationally syndicated programs and execute the local news and information content on the station.
The EP who is selected will work on a rebrand of the station in the coming weeks and oversee the daily program log. The EP will spend about 50% of their time creating local enterprise content for the brand that can be distributed in multiple platforms.
Experience with syndicated programming is a plus, along with radio imaging experience. A “clip file” of published content in written, audio, or video formats are also helpful.
This position is perfect for a producer in Chicago or Milwaukee who is looking to grow their career. Position could lead to an on-air talk host role at some point the future.
To apply, email Mike Paterson, the president of Mid-West Family Illinois, at email@example.com and Kim DiGiovanni at firstname.lastname@example.org.