Hiring | Social media manager
Mid-West Family in Rockford is looking for a social media manager to join our team.
Are you someone who can’t get enough of social media? Do you keep up with the latest digital trends? Or have an eye for creating on-trend content? We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and creative social media manager to join our team. As a social media manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing our social media strategy in order to increase our brand’s online presence and improve our marketing and sales efforts, in addition to working with our advertising customers by handling their social media management. You will be working closely with internal brand managers and our sales department.
Mid-West Family in Rockford is a portfolio of brands for today, tomorrow and beyond, providing broadcast radio, digital marketing, social media management, video production, event production, creative, branding, and web solutions to small and medium size businesses across the state of Illinois and serving a variety of industries. Our heritage within radio and the broadcast industry provides transferrable expertise in marketing, communications, and advertising for most industries and sectors, agnostic of medium, creative type, or distribution channel. We are committed to serving our communities with the goal of providing hometown solutions to complex marketing problems.
You’re joining Mid-West Family with experience in digital marketing, social media management, graphics creation, video editing, content creation, analytic reporting. Experience in photography, photo editing, video content creation and proficiency in Adobe Creative suite is highly recommended.
Social Media Manager duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with brand managers and account managers to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Develop, implement, and manage our social media strategy
- Define most important social media KPIs
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Measure the success of every social media campaign
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices, technologies, and trends
- Use mutually agreed upon social media marketing tools
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
- Hire and train others in the team
- Provide constructive feedback
- Adhere to rules and regulations
- Present to senior management
- Attend educational conferences as able
- Other duties as assigned
Social Media Manager requirements and qualifications
- 2 years of experience as a social media specialist or similar role
- Social media strategist using social media for brand awareness and impressions
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, TikTok and other social media best practices
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Basic graphic, photo, and video skills
- Excellent multitasking and time-management skills
- Great leadership skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail
- Great organizational skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Team player
- Degree in Marketing or relevant field preferred
Social Media Manager Expected Outcomes in Year One:
- Build a social media plan for all the MWF brands in the marketplace, along with select plans for customers.
- Execute the plan on a regular basis
- Provide data and analytics support for the plan
- Evolve as a key leader on the MWF team internally and externally
If interested and in order to apply, please send a resume and any other qualifying information to Mike Paterson (email@example.com). Mid-West Family is committed to diversity, equity, equality, and inclusion in all of its business and hiring practices.
Hiring | Multimedia journalist
The Rock River Current, an enterprising news startup that covers the Rockford, Illinois, region, is seeking an ambitious and digitally savvy reporter capable of delivering stories across multiple platforms.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, deeply curious and capable of breaking down complex topics into easily digestible information. The role is suited for journalists with wide-ranging interests who will cover everything from local business to government, arts, entertainment, sports features and culture.
Our coverage runs the gamut from positive stories about local people to the latest economic development and examinations and explanations of the systems at play in our community without focusing on the daily crime, violence or arrest logs.
- Write 5-10 clean, accurate and thorough articles with photos per week in Associated Press style. The range of stories expected varies based on how much is dedicated to daily coverage and standing features or enterprise and investigative work.
- Create an average of one video story per week.
- Occasionally contribute to broadcast news segments with our radio station partners.
- Work with an editor to pitch and develop original stories.
- Work flexible hours that may include nights and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to story assignments.
Candidates should have at least two years experience in communications or journalism, which can include work at a college newspaper or internships.
- Salary range $28,000-$35,000 negotiable based on experience
- Health care and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 401K/stock benefits after one year
Send a resume, cover letter and three writing samples to Managing Editor Kevin Haas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rock River Current is owned by Mid-West Family Broadcasting, a locally owned and independent broadcasting company. We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates.
Hiring | Business Development Specialist
Mid-West Family Northern Illinois is a local media and marketing group that serves the Rockford region and the surroundings communities. We have great history of growing local brands through the use of radio, influencers and events. We have expanded our offerings to include digital marketing, recruitment marketing, and event creation. We strive to serve our customers, community and our loyal listener base.
We are searching for a talented and motivated individual to join our fun and knowledgeable team in the role of a full time Business Development Specialist. You will be responsible for cultivating business relationships within the community and identifying their needs and offering a tailored solution(s) to achieve the desired objectives. Mid-West Family provides you with extensive training and resources to support your success. This includes one-on-one and group training with the sales management team, who is here to support your success and lead you toward a path of professional growth.
- Experience preferred in sales and/or marketing with experience in developing and selling marketing ideas and concepts. Willing to train, develop and coach for this role.
- Driver’s license and valid transportation required.
- Technology skills including expertise with Microsoft Office and database management; willingness to learn new applications.
- Must be able to multitask, problem-solve and prioritize.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Must be able to manage own time and priorities (work without direct supervision) to ensure deliverables are completed on time and within the scope of desired work.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively and articulately in writing and orally.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while at times under pressure.
- Solid relationship management skills enhancing internal and external interactions.
- Some evening and weekend hours required.
- Professional attire required.
- Individuals that have knowledge or experience in specialized fields or industries should provide those qualifications/experiences. (i.e., legal, automotive, manufacturing etc.)
Full time, with benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance & 401K)
Salary Range $40,000-$80,000
After a 90 day positive review, this position can evolve hybrid remote position.
Hiring | Executive producer
97-1 WNTA in Rockford, Illinois, is looking for an executive producer who can also produce content on a daily basis. In this role, the executive producer will coordinate with our nationally syndicated programs and execute the local news and information content on the station.
The EP who is selected will work on a rebrand of the station in the coming weeks and oversee the daily program log. The EP will spend about 50% of their time creating local enterprise content for the brand that can be distributed in multiple platforms.
Experience with syndicated programming is a plus, along with radio imaging experience. A “clip file” of published content in written, audio, or video formats are also helpful.
This position is perfect for a producer in Chicago or Milwaukee who is looking to grow their career. Position could lead to an on-air talk host role at some point the future.
To apply, email Mike Paterson, the president of Mid-West Family Illinois, at and Kim DiGiovanni at email@example.com.