Marital Status: Single
Kids: 7 year old son Colton
Occupation: Veterinary Technician
1. If you could go back to one part of your kid’s life and enjoy it all over again, what would it be?
The day right after he was born. There is something to be said about love at first sight. He was perfect. The way he looked at me could & still makes me melt.
2. Do you have a picky eater?
No I do not, this kid will try anything! If he tries it and dislikes it, it’s ok with me, because at least he tried! Makes my job easier for sure!
3. Is there something you would secretly judge other parents about until you had your own?
Yes! Matching, or cute clothes or hair being done, no food on face. Having a boy is, he doesn’t care if he matches, or his hair is done or if his pizza sauce is on his face. After all he says to me “Mom, it’s not even picture day, why do we have to do my hair?” Ha!
4. Do you daydream about being a stay at home mom?
I was very lucky to be able to be a stay at home mom when my son was born. I then knew in my heart of hearts I needed a change in my life, personal and in general. I went back to school to be a Veterinary Technician, found a clinic to work for & haven’t looked back since. Don’t get me wrong, I loved everything about being home with Colton but needed to do that for me, and in the end, for us!
5. What have you taught your child that you learned growing up?
Be kind. Explore. Play outside. Find the simple things in life to be happy about. Be confident.
6. What do you love most about your son’s age?
I love how every age is different and comes with different milestones. He is so funny and amazes me on the daily with some of the words or sentences that come out of his mouth!
7. If you could have a kid-free day/night what would you do?
I love to see live music, grab dinner in new places, anything outside (weather permitting) Baseball /Football games.
8. Did you always want to be a mom?
It was something that I never honestly thought would happen. I wasn’t sure I even wanted to have a child. At age 32 it happened and was the best thing that ever happened to me. Put my life in a whole different perspective, made me have something to live for, love completely, and to be loved unconditionally.
9. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
I would be in SC or anywhere in the south like that. Permanently. Obviously with my son and family.
10. What are you most looking forward to right now?
Well, Summer. But all honesty when you read this I will be on a plane on my way to Cubs training camp in AZ to see my favorite baseball team! Start of the birthday festivities with my great friends and family!
Read about more moms and sign up to be featured next by clicking below…