Marital Status: Married
Kids: 10 yr old son Brody, 3 yr old daughter Scarlett, and 10 month old son Aaron.
Occupation: Stay at home mom
1. Did you always plan to be a mom one day?
No, in my early 20s I was very focused on my hospitality career and never thought being a mom was something I’d want or be good at. I had no idea it would be something I love so much.
2. What’s something you’ve realized since becoming a mom that you should never leave the house without?
Back-ups. Backup outfits for diaper blowouts or the puddle at the bottom of the slide. Backup cups/bottles/ pacifiers for to replace the one managed to be thrown into the parking lot just before the van door closed. Back-up snacks for when that 5 min trip turns into 2 hours.
3. If you could have one kid free night out, what would you do?
Dinner and a show. Not a movie but a live theater show.
4. Are you strict about the food your kids eat?
No. I try to make sure they are as well rounded as possible and part of that means chicken nuggets and hotdogs sometimes. Eating schedules are important because all 3 can get Hangry. With my older 2 I do try to stick to the rule of “what I make is what’s for dinner.” I feel like it worked for us as kids, why not for them?
5. Is there something you used to secretly judge moms about until you had your own?
Moms losing their tempers with their kids in public. I remember thinking, “Easy, save it for home or the car. They’re just kids.” Now I realize, you have no idea what her day has been like or how much she is dealing with. Also, most of us come down on ourselves for having “bad moments” more than any onlooker can.
6. Have you ever felt judged by other moms?
Definitely, but I think most don’t even realize they are doing it or feel that they’re only looking out for a fellow mom.
7. What are some fun traditions you have with your kids?
Every year for my birthday I take them to Nicholas Conservatory to the butterfly exhibit then go to lunch. It has become my favorite part of my birthday each year.
8. If you could hire help for something…what would it be?
Cleaning the house. Some days I’d rather just ignore the dishes in the sink or laundry in the hamper and play with the kiddos.
9. What’s the weirdest item in your purse?
A mini spatula or “spoonula”. It’s my youngest’s favorite teething toy and while weird it works!
10. Fill in the blank: “I need more ____ right now.”
Warm sunny days
Read about more moms and sign up to be featured next by clicking below…